ACO9-4 Auralisation and Virtual Reality Sound
Mini Module 4 - room modelling
Date: Thursday, November 13th 2003 in room B2-109 at 12:30
Topics: Analysis of sound transmission in rooms. Identification of sound transmission paths.
Image source model. Ray-tracing. Combining different models. Dynamic environments. Artificial
reverberation. Low-frequency room simulation using FDE.
(There will be a break at some point with debate in smaller groups)
- Heinrich Kuttruff: "Room Acoustics" (4th edt.) 9.6-9.7, pp. 300-309.
- Renate Heinz: "Binaural room simulation based on an Image source model with addition of statistical methods to include the diffuse sound scattering of walls and to predict the reverberant tail", Applied Acoustics 38(1993), pp. 145-159.
- Michael Vorländer: "Simulation of the transient and steady-state sound propagation in rooms using a new combined ray-tracing/image-source algorithm, J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 86(1989), pp. 172-178.
- Manfred R. Schroeder and B. F. Logan: "'Colorless' artificial reverberation", J. Audio Eng. Soc. 9(1961), pp. 192-197.
- Manfred R. Schroeder: "Natural sounding artificial reverberation", J. Audio Eng. Soc. 10(1962), pp. 219-223.
- Søren Krarup Olesen: "Low frequency room simulation using finite difference equations", preprint 4422, AES March 1997 in Munich, pp. 1-8.
Søren Krarup Olesen
Department of Acoustics, Fredrik Bajers Vej 7 B5